What do you think of our game so far?
Here are the instructions:
- The goal of the game is to capture the other team’s flag more times than the opposing team.
- Every player has two types of “energy” which they will need to interact with virtual game objects such as the flag or power-ups. Type one is life, and type two is called shields. Shields are depleted first, and once fully depleted the life energy will begin to deplete.
- Energy is shown as a two vertical coloured bars. Shields on the right are blue and the life on the left side of the touchscreen is green.
- Life and shield energy bars deplete at a rate of 5% per second when players are within each other’s interaction zone (defined as a two metre radius around each opposing player), or within a two metre radius of their own flag.
- Shields replenish automatically at a rate of 1% per second when not being depleted.
- There are two types of virtual game objects. The first type is shown as a battery. If a player comes within a two metre radius of the battery type objects, the player receives an increase in shield energy of 20%. The second type is shown as a wooden crate marked with a question mark. If a player comes with a two metre radius of this type of object, there is a chance of three outcomes: 1) All shield and life energy fully restored; 2) All shield and life energy fully depleted; 3) No change in shields or life.
- Once a player’s shield and life energy are fully depleted, that player can no longer interact with any game objects or other players until that player recharges some or all of their life energy.
- Players can recharge their life and shield energy by moving to and staying in their team’s recharging station. This area will be virtually marked with a green box and a plug icon. Player’s life and shield energy will be restored at a rate of 5% per second. Shields are replenished first.
- There will be two team territories demarcated virtually on the Google Map interface. Your side will be indicated with a purple outline and the opposing side will be indicated with a black outline.
Capturing the Flag:
- A flag’s zone is the area two metres in radius around the virtual flag.
- In order to capture the opposing teams flag a player must enter and stay in the flag’s zone for five seconds. An indicator showing the time remaining to capture the flag will appear.
- Once the flag has been captured, the player must return to her own flag’s zone in order to get the point.
- The player’s flag must be in place in order for the opposing team’s flag to be returned for points.
- If a player’s life energy is fully depleted while carrying a flag, that flag is immediately and automatically returned back to its original location.
- The flag’s will be positioned by the game’s host during the game setup.
- Players can communicate using online voice chat and/or texting.