Recruitment Flyer for Mobility Game Study Participants
Project Title: Mixed Reality Mobility Games
Participate in a Ryerson/Centennial study.
We will be playing a multi-player interactive and mixed reality game for mobility scooters and power wheelchair (scooter/wheelchair) users and their friends and families. Your participation in the mixed reality capture the flag game will contribute to a better understanding of how scooter/wheelchairs can be integrated with a mobile touchscreen technology for the purpose of entertainment and social play.
- Scooter/wheelchairs users with more than 1 year of experience along with their friends and family. Participants do not need to have experience in playing games or using cell phones in order to take part.
- Family and friends are invited to observe or assist if desired.
- Participants will be asked to sign a voluntary consent form and waiver to participate.
- Attend a 2 and a half hour study involving playing a game (compensation of $30 will be given to each participant).
- The agenda will be as follows: distribute consent and waiver forms (10 min approx.), review safety rules and emergency protocol (20 min approx.), distribute and complete pre-questionnaire (10 min approx.), review game instructions and participate in a Smartphone demonstration (15 min approx.), play the game for up to an hour and then answer a post-questionnaire (20 min approx.).
- Pre-questionnaires will consist of approximately 30 questions and post-questionnaires 33 questions.
- Participants will be asked to follow safety rules with their equipment and the emergency protocol in the unlikely event of an injury.
- Participants are encouraged to invite friends and family to join, however, only the participant will be financially compensated.
- The study will also be video recorded.
- Centennial College, Progress Campus at 941 Progress Avenue. Assistance with transportation costs, such as parking, can be provided.
- Saturday August 17, 2013 from 4:30 to 7pm. E-mail or call to confirm interest and availability. A rain date we be scheduled for August 18, 2013 from 4:30 to 7pm.
- Compensation and snacks will be provided.
- Contact Margot Whitfield with your availability at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Inclusive Media and Design Centre (IMDC) at 416-979-5000 ext. 7110.
Want to download a copy to print or share? Click here.